Saturday, December 4, 2010

Dark Flaky Spots On Dog's Skin

acchiapparatti


The ACCHIAPPARATTI, Francesco Barbi.
BCDAlai Publisher, 466 pages, € 18.50
Rating: 2 / 5
This book is about a poor monster (a minotaur cyclopean) evoked by a necromancer to be used as a portrait of Dorian Gray and two types of queer (A hunchback and a mad) that accidentally freed from captivity and to try to stop him at all costs, given that the monster likes to cut in two people.
I'll be honest: Do not you fall in love at first sight. Meanwhile
not quite managed to get attached to characters. Apart from the other acchiapparatti Zaccaria I have not found good hatch. The undertaker Gheshick, which should be featured, I remained completely indifferent start to finish and sometimes I felt that things did not make sense, for example, during an auction when a merchant takes around only on the basis of justification for having a busy day, the reasons that I thought that was forced to nothing in line with the character of the character!
I also caught a bit 'of confusion in the story, perhaps it was because of the sudden change of view, that always upset me.
The rest is not a bad book, it is a pretty original story with unusual characters (although I found it really a novel that transcends the rules of the fantasy genre, such as screaming pompously fourth).
I do not know, I'm really puzzled. Maybe it was structured differently.
I regret not being able to appreciate it, because the author was so nice to put in a chain of reading, giving the opportunity to read it without buying it.
Interesting note: this is the second edition. In 2007 the book was published by publisher Bell under the title "The Acchiapparatti of Tilos, then BCDalai noticed him and decided to republish it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment