Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cogat Tests California

Beyond Good and Evil

It 's always hard to judge, but it is only right look for an answer. On the Afghan issue I have many reservations, so many that I could not understand, to understand, to grasp the meaning, the truth. Yet every so often comes a clearing, something that makes you think "Well then maybe it's worth it." It is worth being there? Maybe yes for freedom. Here's the maybe leave it there because at this distance I can not say yes or no. But the signals, those of the people, are positive. We love the Afghans? They appreciate the fact that we have beaten them to free Taliban (beyond good and evil, belonging or economic interests in every war)? A must if you ask. I wonder why every so often leaves us some Italian pens, and also because in fact it is important to understand our role in the world. I came across the blog of Lorenzo Cremonesi Notes from the front and I found an article on 17 October that made me do a smile. It made me start the day here. I'll leave you in peace and read each one then gets an idea, we want to embroider as above.

Taliban dictatorship of minorities

Written by: Lorenzo Cremonesi at 16:54

HERAT_ In a society disorganized, frightened, characterized by a weak central government, the armed minorities are determined as dictate. If ever proof were needed, it reminds me Abdel Jabbar, the seller of textiles, "Shai", the commercial center in the heart of Herat. "The Taliban are few. The majority of the population fears them, does not want them. But if the US-led coalition were to withdraw, they would be calling the shots. And we could never resist. Because we are divided, certainly not ready to die as they are devoid of ideology as strong, "he says in his shop on the second floor. He has a reason to hate them. Sells women's clothes. "At the time of the Taliban asked me almost only blue burqa. Everything else was prohibited. Business was terrible," he recalls. Since 2002 his business matter rather bright Indian textiles, Chinese, Korean. Even the veils imported Iran is an infinite variety. "The change happened about 3 years ago. 'Here in Herat was then that the population has begun to think it was worth letting go, the Taliban would stay away, would never return." His praise in the presence of Italian troops are unqualified. "Without you we would be at the mercy of violence," he insists. "Before I would return en masse to the gangs, then the Taliban." From 1996 to 2002 he ran away in Mashad, Iran. It did not dibba that would do it again if the coalition were to leave. Close the store. And with great regret, in recent months, the business is going at full speed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment